Sunday, April 21, 2013

TIME FOR A PHOTO BREAK...

One afternoon after work I decided to go on a short hike to yet another place I have never hiked before. I was hoping to catch the shift in sunset colors over the valley as a storm passed through from a different vantage point.

With El Capitan on the left and Half Dome on the right the wait is on...

By changing the focal length I got a different look

After two hours of waiting I could tell I was not going to get the the colors and sky I was hoping to photograph. There was too much of a cloudy sky behind me, it started to snow and low lying clouds covered the valley and Half Dome...

But not to worry I literally turned around and got this shot...
there is always something to photograph here...
just turn around and look....

And this shot a few minutes later...
This is the exact same tree but by moving the camera slightly
and using a different compostion you get two totally different looks...

No comments:

Post a Comment